"Some people create with words, or with music, or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run." - Pre

Monday, October 4, 2010

Ultra...week?

Well this past week of epic training is over. And I feel great! I little winded, and my legs warned me today that they will not be pushed too hard for a little while. But no matter - for I have officially logged 41 quality training hours in the past 7 days. Crazy but totally worth it, and definitely worth doing again before Ironman Arizona.

I committed to training each discipline once per day, for a total of three sessions/day. Five of the days started out with a ride, so my legs were fatigued going into the run, but hey they just gotta learn to suck it up. The cumulative fatigue towards the end of the week resulted in some less than stellar run workouts, but my goal this week was to log the miles, so I didn't care too much about sustaining a zippy pace. I just wanted to push myself as hard as I could go and get the mental boost from knowing that I am fully capable of doing what I tell myself I can.

I had a great schedule down, and just stuck to it. I would log the actual workouts here but right now I'm far too lazy. Spent all day in class and in the archives, and while I kinda enjoyed it, I'm beat. Maybe I'll put all that down later.

Anyway, today is a rest week of sorts. I was supposed to swim yesterday but the weather was just too gorgeous so I ended up on the bike for a couple hours instead. Then it was off to dinner with Heath, Jennifer and Bryton Pennel. So much fun! Dinner was incredible, and a much better success than my protein pancakes were earlier in the day. I was out of almost everything, so I tried to create my protein pancakes but omitted the oats, egg whites and banana (out), and just mixed the vegan protein powder, flax and water. EPIC fail. Ya live and learn... Anyway, today was a trail run that turned into a tempo run on the roads, and boy did it feel good to feel speed in my legs again :)

Now I'm about to hit the books 'cause I have two book reports to write by Thursday, a topic proposal due Wednesday and some more research to do in the archives. If you live in Lubbock and haven't checked out the Southwest Collection yet, go! It's really awesome. Have a great week everybody, and be sure to watch the Ironman World Championships this weekend. I'm gonna ride a double century Friday and run a 50K Saturday in honor of the epic event. My legs will hate me but it's good for them. Good luck to all my friends who are racing, I'll be praying for - and tracking, you all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment