"Some people create with words, or with music, or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run." - Pre

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Three Weeks To Go!

I can't believe that there are only three weeks left of summer...it has gone by so fast! My summer basically consisted of long runs, lots of long swims (but very little speedwork thanks to the 85 degree pool) and some cycling. Haha...I heed to train more like a triathlete and less like an ultrarunner but this is hard! I love running soooo much and am not very eager to begin the second half of tri season. But oh well! I will HTFU and get at it. Starting tomorrow, with a 150-mile ride and swim. Friday is a 30-mile run and another swim. Saturday will be a 4000 swim, 40 mile bike, 10 mile run personal triathlon, and Sunday will be a 20-5-2000 reverse sprint. Double-swim Monday to rest. This sounds like what my last weekend should have been, only I got sick. But no more! I am on a 10-day detox to remove all the crap I've been putting in my body to fuel the crazy runs I've been doing. I need the calories, but my immune system does not appreciate all the sugar. I am trying to fuel up on low-sugar foods, but invariably I run out of energy, and can't stomach much solid fuel during training anyway. Maybe I should just try to condition my body to accept what I want to put into it?

But there you have the training aspect of my life...the "real world" is about to hit and I am glad to say that I am ready for it! I finally found housing, and am just looking for a Church and a second job to help pay for my races and the travel involved. I was blessed to receive a full scholarship, so I won't have to pay any tuition, and nearly all my personal expenses should be covered by the stipend :) But the life of a triathlete is not cheap, already I need to book a flight to New York and possibly Hawaii. Plus I will be driving to Louisville and Arizona, and oh my poor, poor car! :( lol! So I'm looking for childcare jobs, or something involving kids...if anyone knows of any available jobs, or has any advice, please let me know!

That's about it for now...I need to finally go to bed to rest for the longest ride of my life tomorrow. Double-century day is only a week away so I will not feel sorry for myself tomorrow. Get ready legs, ultra season is over and triathlon season is HERE!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment