"Some people create with words, or with music, or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run." - Pre

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New Juicer!!!...race report comes later

Not because a juicer is more important than an ultramarathon race report, but just 'cause I don't feel like writing about the race right now. I don't know why, but it usually takes me a few days to get everything straight in my head...I ALWAYS beat myself up over the little things, and think and plan of ways to improve the next one, without ever congratulating myself on a race well run. Seriously, I was so upset at how long it took me to finish the Vermont 100K (120K for me lol) that I have not even thought of how cool it is that I just raced an incredibly tough ultramarathon, in an extremely competitive field. I mean, during the race I kept my cool and was able to focus, but that's just "survival instinct" or whatever you want to call it. I never have a problem just doing what needs to be done in a race, it's after the race that my head falls apart. I guess it's because I'm so damn competitive, both with myself and with others. This is necessary to some extent, but when you can't even appreciate racing a tough 62+miles, there's something wrong :P But I digress - this post is about my new juicer!!!

I already forgot what brand it is, of course, 'cause I don't get along to well with electronic gadgets. But I managed to make a beautiful glass of fresh juice already, and WOW! This is totally different than the stuff you buy at the grocery store. I definitely encourage you all to get one, they are fairly cheap and there is nothing better for you this stuff. I am going on a 10-day juice "fast" to reset my body and hopefully cure this lingering sickness that's been plaguing me for the last few months. To fuel my longer workouts during this time I'll probably drink green smoothies loaded with flaxseed and hemp protein.

If I come across any brilliant fresh juice recipies I'll post them here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment