"Some people create with words, or with music, or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run." - Pre

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sometimes a girl just needs to run...

I don't think I've mentioned this much here, but I've been really sick lately. NO idea what's been up with my body but finally everything is getting better. Training is ON!!! Six weeks 'till the NYC marathon and 10 'till Ironman Arizona....I could not be more excited or ready to trash myself on a daily basis to get where I want to be :D

Anyway, after nearly a month of sickness/something after IM Louisville, I had a GREAT training day today. Which is weird, 'cause Saturday I went for a short ride and barely hung on for an hour. I was exhausted, mentally and physically. But today was completely different. I started my run out at Buffalo Springs Lake (love that place, can't ya tell?!), ran a loop then headed out to Ransom Canyon. Found a farmroad I liked and just kept going. I felt strong and fast, only stopped 'cause I wanted to get a swim in before the pool closed for the day. According to mapmyrun I got in a full 23 miles, and I wasn't even tired. YES, finally!!! I really think that running can cure just about anything, if not the body then the mind for sure. There's nothing quite like running, it's just so natural and relaxing. I am in love...

The swim was great, held a tempo pace for 6000 and again, didn't want to stop. But the lifeguards made me... :(. lol

After that I jumped on my bike for a quick spin and called it a day. Ahh, finally a full day of strong sessions and I even have energy left over. I ate a deconstructed smoothie for dinner (wanted the ingredients but not a cold dinner) which was basically a banana-protein powder pudding-like concoction, and a salad (all my smoothies are made with romaine, love it!). Then I worked on some assignments for a bit, tossed fish and veggies in the slow cooker for lunch and dinner tomorrow, and now I'm about to hit the sack. I SHOULD fold some laundry first though...

Tomorrow is a busy day so I'm gonna start bright and early. Well early anyway, not necessarily bright. A short tempo run, longish steady swim and 4hr ride are on tap. Also two classes and TONS of errands. But I have energy for it all! This is so so exciting :)

I really appreciate all my friends for bearing with me these past few weeks, I know I wasn't as chipper as I usually am. Sorry :( Just know that I am back and ready for some fun! Hopefully next weekend I can act like a "normal" college student, whatever that is ;) THANK YOU to all my awesome family and friends...you make my life so beautiful :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment