"Some people create with words, or with music, or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run." - Pre

Sunday, April 11, 2010

decisions decisions...

Ahhh these past few weeks have been crazy! Last week I got an average of 3hrs/night for three days straight. I've never been drunk in my life, but I'm pretty sure I experienced some of the effects...stupid things I did are included, but not limited to: stalling my car in the middle of an intersection, losing my: keys, wallet, cell phone, backpack, favorite swimsuit&cap, insulated waterbottle, and ironman towel (found most of it though), mixing up a few assignments (but thankfully was able to correct everything!), mixing up the names of a few good friends (seriously), falling asleep in the bathroom (yes) and several more things that I can't remember, 'cause I'm still catching up on sleep :P Oh dear...But things are looking up this week; I'm ahead in most of my classes, and the only stuff that I really need to get done is my neverending Latin homework. Just trying to survive that class...
But on to the decisions part. I'm registered to race the New Orleans 70.3 this Sunday (April 18) but am seriously considering nixing that race. I've had a really tough semester, training-wise. I feel like I'm in great shape right now, but I don't think my speed is up to par. I've got the endurance base, and my running is better than ever :D But the thing about 70.3s is, it's all about speed; it doesn't matter how long you can swimbikerun, if you can't go that fast your race is gonna be awful. I know that I wouldn't have a great race, probably not even a good one...and honestly, adding a sub-par race on top of everything else would put me down in the dumps. I just don't want deal with that right now. Plus the travel time would take away precious study time. Soooo I'm considering registering for the Kansas 70.3 on June 6. That would be ideal, right after finals so no stress, and I've wanted to race that one for so long! But triathlons are pretty expensive, so I'm not sure that'll work out. Hopefully I'll know in a week or so. I tried SO hard to find a 100K this next weekend to race instead of New Orleans, but no luck; I can't afford to fly to Cali or Washington. Ultras have a way of relaxing me like nothing else, and I know that mentally, nothing could be better for me at this point. Butttt that's not gonna happen, so I'll just have to wait until July 17, when I'll get to race the Vermont 100K. I'm really excited about that one :)
*Yawn*. Well, I'm going to bed. Sorry about the random post, but I'm tired and it's this is the best I can write. Hopefully I'll make more sense next time. But not likely. Finals are coming up and even though I'll try to stay ahead, the work will pile up anyway. Sleep. Sleep is good. Very good. 'Night everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment