"Some people create with words, or with music, or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run." - Pre

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

This past weekend

I know, I know, it's been forever since I last posted. What can I say, I've just been so lazy! Swim, bike, run, EAT, sleep, what a wonderful life ;)

For now.

'Cause I'm getting a job (probably at Lifetime Fitness) after the BSLT triathlon in June, and my Spanish class is picking up speed. But I like being busy, so it's all good.

But anyway, this weekend was so great!!! I finally got to meet Kiplimo, and he is incredible. I refuse to act like a typical gushy lovesick girl, so that's all I'm going to say. See facebook if you're curious :)

I got to hang out with him and his awesome friends, and meet his sweet Aunt Grace. I love them! Can't wait to head back to Flower Mound again. I'll actually be there in July for a wedding, which happens to be on my birthday (the 2nd). For those of you who have been keeping up with me on facebook, you know that my birthday this year means a crazy tough track workout - 22 x 1 mile, at the track. One repeat for each year that I have been alive. Assuming that I am still alive at the end of the workout, of course. I'm going to do the workout in Flower Mound, which means that I will have an elite Kenyan runner to pace me ;) Yes, Kip, you are going to do them with me. You said you wanted to get back to racing track, right? Consider this your welcome back workout. Nasty and evil, just like track workouts should be. Ahh, the sweet scent of sweat, the ache of side stiches, the furious pumping of an overstrained heart, and the agony of cramping hamstrings and trashed quads, nothing better! I should probably bring flat shoes instead of heels for the wedding, no?

But anyway, that was my weekend. This next week is pretty normal for me. With the exception of the Spanish exam...tomorrow? oops, I should probably start studying. I'll write more soon, 'cause I'll have a lot to cover - BSLT, a super cool trip to Colorado, and GREAT friends :) I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment