"Some people create with words, or with music, or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run." - Pre

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Back at it

Happy Monday! Back to the grind after an awesome Spring Break full of swimbikerun. A quick recap:
Sunday's run was just beautiful - I love running through the sunrise. I forgot about daylight "savings" time though, so I was literally running an hour late. oops! I had about fifteen minutes between the time I got back and the time I had to leave for Church, so I didn't get to stretch, and boy I was feeling it later on. Oh well! Swam later on and then just relaxed for the rest of the day. My friend and teammate Adam came down to train with me, and we experimented on a granola bar recipe that night..EPIC fail. We tried mixing oats, wheat germ, coconut, blueberries and almond butter into bars, and while the mixture tasted great, it turned out more like granola. We ended up eating it for breakfast instead of a mid-ride snack, but hey, at least we used it!

Monday we swam with my Mom's master's group, and it was a blast! Lots of IM sets, my favorite :) Then it was off on a century ride, Adam's first ever and my first in FORever haha. We rode along the Guadaloupe River and it was just so beautiful! We stopped to see some buffalo at a buffalo farm on the way too. The t-run was really short, probably the shortest run of my life, but even fifteen minutes is fun :)


The rest of the week was pretty much the same, and by the end of it all I finally felt like by bike fitness was coming back. Besides triathlon though, I did absolutely NOTHING. I'd train, eat, sleep and read, that's it - just no energy for anything else. I could do this for a living!!!

This week is swim week, with several shorter, faster runs and as much cycling as I can fit in. I'm going to Lubbock on Thursday to meet my professors and fellow grad students, and more importantly check out the pools/running trails/bike routes! This means that I have to get ahead in my homework though, so I'm going to spend the next few hours writing papers, translating Latin and researching American Indian dietary rituals in the 17th century. Yup I'm nuts...but if you know me, you already knew that. Then I'm off on the bike to enjoy the gorgeous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment